Saturday, February 8, 2014

Motherhood x 2

Motherhood is tough, much tougher than i thought. I do not understand how some can breeze right through it, all sugar and honey. For me, it was months and months of sleepless nights and horror feedings with Gabe. And now, with Lucas, it isn`t easier especially with the night time sleep taking 2hours to put him down. How i wish there was a button to just push and they`d fall asleep.

And now, with 2 kids, one with Down Syndrome, it gets challenging. There are going to be battles and tricky situations to handle. There will be days when i want to tear my hair or maybe the kids` hair out. There will be days when i will be screaming like a loony. But, having made the choice of having kids, we deal with it and cope with the situation to our best ability. There is no such thing as `Cannot cope`. I think everyone can cope, it`s just how we do it. I`m sure there will be times I`m gonna make mistakes, but I will handle & cope in the end.

I dislike it when i am told i cannot cope or handle it and it`s doomsday with 2 kids. There are sacrifices of course, but we do what we have to do, and negative thinking and comments ain`t gonna help much. I would like to think that I`m a super mom and with a little lot of prayers, it`ll work out in the end. Heck maybe it`ll wor out so great I`ll be thinking of having a 3rd baby.....ahahah, snort snort...ok i was just joking...my mum will be the first to freak out. especially if it`s another boy!!! Hahahah that will be soooo funny...

Ok, jokes aside, no i do not want another baby. I do not want to be 38 or 39 and still changing diapers and getting minimal sleep. At that age, i should be resting well to reduce wrinkles. So nope, it`s the end of the production line for my uterus...and if anyone can convince my hubby to have a vasectomy just to be 100% absolute no accident happen, I`d be eternally grateful. Otherwise, thoughtful gifts eg supplies of good quality condoms will be welcomed as well, thank you very much in advance.

As tough as it gets, these 2 will be my reward...aren`t they just adorable???

No comments:

Post a Comment