Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Roaming the Streets

For the past few days, Gabe & I have been roaming the streets of Shibuya and Shinjuku. Yes, roaming. Just walking around, window shopping (a wee bit of actual shopping too), drinking coffee n quick lunchies. I can't explain it, but recently there's this unexplainable urge to go out with him. even though it's killing my back n shoulders carrying him in the carrier plus carrying that heavy bag of his.

But i don't mind. Beats staying at home sometimes. And mostly, he's a sweetie outside. Today, we went to Takashimaya Times Square at Shinjuku to visit this baby friendly cafe, Tabitha's Cafe. It's a really cozy cafe and the waitresses are friendly and by noon, there were many mamas with babies there. Food wise Ok, more of the environment. Gabe had fun sitting in the Bumbo chair they provided while i gobbled my spaghetti n coffee.

here he is happy with his packet of tissue. Preoccupied him for a good 15mins...enuff time for me to eat my pasta in peace:)

So love this pic of him

We'll be back there again for sure.

Oh yes, recently, the lil bugger has been climbing everywhere...and currently his favourite place is his baby chair which has a tray. He can now use it to pull himself up onto his knees and reach for whatever is there...once i left some tissues there n the lil boy had a party...found bits in his mouth!!! So now i'm very careful. His eyes are laser sharp when it comes to tissue.


And the position you see him in? That's a very promising position..Why? I read from this website, Noah's Dad, that this position is a starting point which strengthens his leg muscles and will be the point where he will start to push up and be able to stand!! Yeah! So i'm overjoyed right now seeing Gabe do this. And besides, this chair is good practice for his kneeling, even his therapist asked me to let him do it frequently, now i know why....

I'm happy coz my books just came today..all about Down Syndrome. How these mamas reacted and learnt to deal with DS and how it changed their lives...for the better. I love reading these stories. It's inspiring and you get a glimpse of how rewarding & enriching these special kids are, changing your life in ways you never expect.

Tomorrow Gabe has his doc check up, so i'll keep you updated once we get the results...here is the cheeky boy before bedtime, still wanting to play


2 comments:

  1. This is great! Your son is adorable! So glad to have found your website and to follow along with your journey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I just noticed that Noah has that same Lion shirt! And...I have been to that part of Japan before! It was awesome. I actually have a friend moving there to help start a church soon. So very cool. We want to take Noah to Japan. We're very glad to have found your blog. Would you mind emailing me so we can stay connected? You can message me through the contact from on our site, and I'll reply. :) So happy to see Gabe doing so well. I want to learn what sorts of things you guys do there to help him grow and develop? :) Please let me know if you have any questions for us as well.

    ReplyDelete