Friday, July 20, 2012

Sticky SuperGlue

There is a cage, a small lil cage, looks so shiny and harmless. But upon closer inspection, you'll see that it has sticky, super sticky glue all over it. And..gasp...right at the inner corner, you see a small lizard, moving frantically, trying to free itself. But it's useless. It's small, slimy body has been caught in the glue. It can struggle, but it'll only tire itself out. Doomed, yes it is doomed....

Sigh, no, i have not gone mad, no i do not need to see a psychologist. I'm just..moaning...my precious boy has decided that at 1 yr and 1 month, it is time for him to leash out his "i really need mummy" attitude. And by that i mean him being a super glue..and yes that makes me playing the role of the lizard...i'm officially stuck with him, morning 7am till 8pm. And i mean stuck..i cannot leave him alone for 10mins even. He'll start whining and it turns to full on crying within the next few minutes.

In the evenings after 5pm is the worst. I cannot leave him at all. Period. Not even if i am standing in the kitchen, while he is just playing on the mat behind me. In full view. Nope, Gabe doesn't like it at all. I have to next to him, preferably he on my lap. No, i cannot read even, and using my iphone yes he allows it but only for a short while.

Why...pls someone tell me why....why do kids have this separation anxiety phase. And even then, he can see me in full view, yet he screams...why...i really need to know.

And yes it is slowly killing me, coz it's a nearly 24/7 thingy...it's been 1 week and i'm about to scream and tear my hair out. I love him to bits and love to cuddle, but man oh man, this is like...too much..overdose...

I am hoping this ridiculous phase wears out..really soon. So this post you'll see lots of me n him shots...coz i'm practically on the play mat with him the whole day, and since i have nothing to do, i decided may as well capture more pics of us together, which he seems to love...keeping him entertained.









He's a real loving lil boy, he will kiss his toys nearby when i tell him "see, doggie is here, doggie loves Gabriel"..and he just leans in to kiss it. Yes the kisses are the wonderful part when i am stuck with him...but even then....sighhhh, my eardrums are starting to hurt and my arms are about to break carrying him.

The munchkin in some pics





Gabe has recently just started to try and crawl...army weird style. I think his is more like a free stroke...here he is in a short clip. And, you have to entice him with new things otherwise he is super lazy and will not budge. Iphones are a real good motivation for him.



And his whining, he's like an energizer battery..on and on and on...this is just a fraction of his prowess...


Please tell me, this phase thingy will not last for like more than 2 months?Cannot be right??????

1 comment:

  1. Gabe probably just feels a little insecure and needs more assurance. Is he still going to the nursery?

    ReplyDelete