Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Please...Someone Slap Me...


Yes i need that slap to wake me up.. it's been crazy since Gabe's been back. The first 2 days at home were OK. But yesterday all of a sudden he refused to be put down to sleep in the afternoon. After drinking milk, i carried him and he fell asleep. Then i put him in his crib, 15mins later he woke up crying. Carried him again, he fell asleep and i put him down. He wakes up....i repeated this like 5-6 times.

I really really really wanted to pull my hair out. Coupled with the few hours of sleep i got since he was home, i was near having a mental breakdown. I do not survive well without enough sleep....When Terry came back, same thing happened when he tried to put Gabe to bed...the only good thing is that he sleeps well after 12am up to 7am...

But, i have tons of work to do in the afternoons, so i finally caved in and got one of those auto swing cribs that has music too...the one that he has been sleeping in the hospital...we went to Babies R Us this morning and now Gabe is sleeping beside me, though he did wake to fuss to see if i would carry him. I didn't. I just sat there and patted him while the crib was working magic. Finally after 15-20mins he dozed off..I think perhaps the problem is that he wants people to carry him to sleep so all the while he was testing us..at least now i do not have to carry him, just stand my ground while he rocks...

No comments:

Post a Comment