Saturday, August 27, 2011

Milk to Donate..Anyone???

Ok this is bad..my fault actually...Gabe's milk bank is running dangerously low on supply. This wasn't always the case. When he was in the hospital, he had over supply, even my fridge was full of his milk. But i think somewhere along the way, my fried up brain miscalculated. I thought he had alot in the freezer, so i slacked in my pumping...then one day when he suddenly began to drink more, i realised...there wasn't as much milk left..in fact, what supply i had could only last him maybe 2-3 days.

So i quickly in a state of panick, started pumping, only to realise that my milk supply had dropped drastically. I used to be able to pump at least 180-240ml per time. Now, it's a mere 90-120ml, at best 150ml per time. And Gabe has started to pick up on his feedings, his intake is about 500ml per day now. I think it was due to my diet as well, whereby i started to eat much lesser so it kinda affected supply as well.

So, after a few days to trying to increase by pumping, there was not much improvement. LAst resort, i bought this Amoma Milk Up Blend Tea that's supposed to increase the supply. Ordered it online. Got it today, just took my 1st tea bag tonight. It's caffeine free...So we'll see how the effects are, will keep you guys updated. If it doesn't work i think Gabe will need a mix of formula...


No comments:

Post a Comment