Saturday, June 25, 2016

Annual Family Trip 2016: Jeju Island & Seoul

We`ve just came back from our annual family holiday, this time we went to Jeju Island and Seoul. For 12 days!! Now, it`s back to unpacking and reality.

We had never been to Korea, but the rest of the family had, so everything was very new to us, and I love Korea. Though quite frankly I think I`m having kimchi overload. And rice cake overload. However, I think the 1 person who truly had the hardest time was Gabe. As you all know, His Royal Highness is a picky picky food eater, and is very loyal to certain foods only. So imagine Korea, where most food were 85% spicy. Gabe cannot take spicy food, Lucas on the other hand, can chow down mild spicy, he`ll just drink heaps of water.

So, Jeju was I think the hardest. The main specialty food was hairtail fish in spicy soup, or some noodles in spicy soup. Then there`s grilled fish, but Gabe isn`t a fan of fish. So the best option was grilled meat or yakiniku with rice. But again, he missed his udon n ramen I guess. Totally non cooperative bugger. Meals obviously was a nightmare with us trying to see what was suitable for him. Imagine his relief when after 6 days we were headed to Seoul where I hope the food choice was wider, else we have major SOS on our hands.

Thankfully, our hotel, Metro Hotel right smack in Myeondong was very convenient and guess what??? right below it was the popular Japanese bento take out, Hotto Motto!!!!!! Yay for Gabe. So yes, almost everyday, we had take out for him, and boy was he glad to have his udon soup. Phewwwww.

We stayed in Seoul for 7 nights and had the best time there. I think Lucas enjoyed himself very much with his cousins. And yes, I mostly did my shopping with a leech on my hips as he didn`t want to stay in the hotel room with Daddy n kor kor. The rest had a great time shopping.

It was a great great holiday, but it`s nice to be back in Tokyo with the kids in school. It`s been great spending 24/7 with them, but enough is enough.

Some pictures to enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment