Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Turning 38

It`s my birthday today. I`m 38 years old. Yes, that`s old n scary. I have 2 kids, 4yrs old & 1.6yrs old. My uterus and ovaries have done their required jobs and it is now time to retire. After 4 years, I am starting to start enjoying having some alone time.

Don`t get me wrong, i love my 2 wonderful kids, i have no issues with turning 38. In fact i think life gets better as you age. But right now, 2 years short of hitting to BIG 4-0, I`d like to enjoy life abit. People have different terms when they use the word ENJOY. For me, i think my requests are fairly simple and not overly demanding. Here are some of the things i can finally enjoy turning 38:

Taking A Dunk
Until a short time ago, I had to have an audience everytime i needed to take a dunk or pee. I mean, if I`m performing some sort of dance or show, yes it`d be great to have people clapping n watching intensely. But not when you`re trying to get rid of excess waste from your body. Usually it`s a pair of eyes staring n looking, sometimes it`s 2. So now, catching the opportunity i have in the mornings, i can dunk in peace and quietness. No more small voices saying `pee`, or small hands trying to help you get toilet paper, or small bodies getting as near to the toilet bowl to catch a glimpse of water flushing.

Bathing
Yes, another audience worthy act of mine. I can`t even close the door, else they just scream and bang on the door. So everytime i just have to quickly bathe n feel the stares of 2 pair of eyes. Sometimes, Lucas will even try his luck by entering the shower n get a sound scolding from me.
Now, i can bathe in my own privacy and am even considering a soak in the tub.

Coffee Time
With Lucas, coffee time inside the store is rare. Usually i go to Starbucks and take out. But the past week, I enjoyed my coffee sitting down at the table and scrolling my IPhone happily, basking in the relaxed environment. Previously, I`d barely touch my coffee when Lucas starts to fuss and run away, and I`d have to quickly gulp down the entire cup in that minute.

Lunch Alone
I can finally eat my lunch in peace, without having to feed a screamy, whiny, wriggly baby. I can actually enjoy every morsel of food that goes into my mouth. If i wanted, i could have a 3 hour lunch. Pure bliss. I can eat with friends and chat away without worring if Lucas is still in his chair or has he fallen off somewhere, or if he poked his eyes out with the fork. This....this is my fave of all. Enjoying my lunch.

The one things that i so want to do, but have not been able to is NAP. Yes, precious beauty sleep. I think my inability to nap in the afternoons started when i was pregnant with Gabe. And lasted till now. No matter how tired i am, i just CANNOT fall asleep in the afternoon. I so wished i could, I`d be so much for awake and enegetic if i could.

Yup, those are my simple forms of enjoyment for now. 2 precious days a week. Gone in a blink of an eye.

Turning 38 is just the start of FABULOUS. Happy Birthday to ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment