Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

It`s Thanksgiving today. And I`ve alot to be thankful for. We don`t celebrate it here in this household, but still, it`s a day to reflect on, at least on my part.

Alot has happened, some good, some bad. But all in all, I still feel very thankful indeed. We`ve got a nice roof over our heads, plenty of nice food to eat, money to buy clothes to keep us warm. But most of all, I am thankful that I am Mummy to wonderful baby Gabe. He`s brought so much joy and laughter what with his cheekiness and funny actions. He`s also brought me so much tears and heart ache. But I`m thankful that he`s a cheerful, smiling baby. And so loving. He even waves Hi to the cats and dogs that we pass by on the streets.

I`m thankful for the time i get to spend with him, the walks we take on good days and the nice cuppa that we both enjoy from time to time. And i bet the lil rascal is thankful also for all the lovely toys he has to play with and the plentiful clothes I have splurged on him.

But more importantly, I am very thankful that even though he has DS, he has a great shot at living life to his fullest and will have many opportunities to learn and become independent. He has a great daycare where he has adjusted beautifully and a great hospital and doctor who take good care of him.

So yes, I feel very blessed and thankful for this chance at motherhood.

And thankful that I have a wonderful family who showers us with love and care and that we`re all so tight-knit.

And i pray that we`re all blessed with great health and that our lives will always be filled with laughter n joy.

Happy Thanksgiving All.

No comments:

Post a Comment