Friday, June 9, 2017

The BIG 4-0

So, I turn 40 today. If you look at the numbers individually, 4.0....they don`t seem like such huge numbers on it`s own. But when you say it, and say `I`m 40 this year`...WOW! It seems huge. I`ve come a long way haven`t I? Nothing bad about it, in fact, I hear that 40 is the NEW 30? Or was it 25?

I`ve reflected a lot today. On the past, the now, the future. Everything seems as it should be and more. I couldn`t be happier and though life seemed to have taken me by surprise around certain corners, I wouldn`t change a thing. At 40, I`ve learnt a lot and am grateful for what I have today.

I`ve told myself that I must and will take care of myself more now that the kids are bigger and I can have more ME time. Don`t get me wrong, ME time is not just all about shopping you know. I want to make exercising my priority. Not to be stick thin (I never can be anyway). More like to be healthy and be strong. Yes, fit & strong. And now, 4 days a week I try my best to go to the gym while the boys are at school. whatever little time I have left, I try to catch up with friends whenever possible or just do what I like.

Life in Tokyo is great, not just for me but for our family. I have only a few friends here, but these friends I treasure.

To all my family, relatives & friends who have stayed by my side and in my life, Thank You. Thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes.

Thank you to my husband for a very generous birthday gift/ I love it very much. I love you.

To my 2 kids, Thank you for allowing me to be your mummy, though not an easy job. I promise I will try to scream less at you both. Love you both heaps.

And finally, a photo to remember how I look like turning 40 (obviously not my best picture, but oh well) ..now...bring on the champagne and chocolates....



No comments:

Post a Comment