Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pre-Op Admission

The day is finally arriving...Yup, GAbe`s big surgery. So right now, we`re in the hospital, we checked-in yesterday morning and went foran ECG and chest X-Ray. Today, they did some blood tests and basically we`re done till tomorrow morning. Gabe will be going into the PICU at abou 8am, and the operation will start at about 9,30-10.00am. It will last for 6 hours if all is OK and yes it`s super scary coz this is a major surgery, even more so then the one Gabe had when he was 17 days old.

So, yes I`m anxious and worried, how could i not be. I still remember very clearly the last round when his surgery was supposed to be only 4hours but instead it took up to 7hours. I nearly had a full on panick attack. And to top it off, timing sucks coz i can`t stay overnight with him during his hospital stay this round, whereby recovery period is about 3 weeks. I wish i could, but I`m not up to it this round. I feel so so guilty and even a lil angry that i can`t.

Timing sucks bad and to be honest it wasn`t even entirely my choice to end up like this. I was robbed of that decision. Just sucks.

So i just hope baby is OK and sleep well through the night. I will try my best to come in the mornings earlier and leave only after he has fallen asleep otherwise i think the nurses will not be able to handle him.

I`ll try to update any information when i can, but i hope you can all pray for him to be safe.

See ya all soon.

1 comment: